Equality information and objectives
• We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
• We want to make sure that our school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone.
• We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
• We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
• We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to pupils and parents/carers, and through our School Council.
• We aim to ensure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation
We welcome our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations.
Our objectives for the current academic year are:
To increase the progress of girls in mathematics, narrowing the gap between boys and girls
To raisethe attainment of FSM pupils across the school to attain Greater Depth, narrowing any gaps between them and other pupils