How to get a place at Whaddon School
Parents thinking of sending their child to the school are invited to attend one of our Open Mornings in the Autumn term. Alternatively, please contact us to make an appointment to see the school in action. Admission to the Reception Class, is through Buckinghamshire County Council (via your local authority if you live outside Buckinghamshire).
Starting School in September 2018
Children born between:
01 September 2013 - 31 August 2014 - Will start school for the first time into Reception (Foundation 2) in September 2018
You will be able to apply online from 6th November 2017 and the closing date for applications will be 3 pm on 15 January 2018.
Our School Admission number is 20 in each year group.
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ADMISSIONS POLICY
The County Council has agreed that the admissions policy detailed below should be used for those children due for admission to primary schools at the age of 5 or 8.
In most cases the Education Department will be able to confirm that a place is available at your preferred school. However, when a primary school is oversubscribed i.e. more children wish to attend the school than there are vacant places, the list of criteria detailed below is used to allocate places up to the Intended Admission Number.
COUNTY AND VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOLS ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
Places are allocated according to the following criteria, in order of priority:
1. Looked after children or previously looked after children.
2. Children living in the catchment area of the school.
3. Siblings of children attending the school or a linked primary school.
4. Children whose parents have expressed a preference for a Church of England School supported by proof of church commitment, e.g. letter from local vicar.
5. Children with exceptional medical or social needs, supported by written evidence from a doctor, social worker, education welfare officer or other appropriate person.
6. Children attending a primary school linked to Whaddon CE First School. (Does not apply to Reception intake)
7. Once the above rules have been applied then any further places will be offered in distance order. The shortest distance will be offered first.
This information applies to children wishing to be admitted to this school. If you have any questions about how this may apply to you then please contact the Admissions Officer at your local Area Education Office, who will be able to advise you.
All admissions for September 2018 need to apply through Bucks County Council. Details of the procedure can be obtained directly from the County web-site using the link below.
Contact Us form www.buckscc.gov.uk/contactadmissions
Starting school or moving up to junior school
Changing school in year
Find my child a school place