Whaddon is a Voluntary Aided Church of England First School for children aged 4-11 years.
We are a small village school in rural Buckinghamshire close to the outskirts of Milton Keynes. Our children benefit from small class sizes and a caring environment with strong community links.
Our dedicated and experienced team are committed to achieving the best outcomes for all our children. Our high standards and expectations are reflected in our consistently high levels of achievement across the curriculum.
- To be a Christian community where everyone can grow in Christian faith and develop an understanding and tolerance of others
- To promote the holistic development of each person and to provide the best education for every pupil within a supportive environment.
- To foster each child’s identity as a citizen of the world.
- To equip children with the skills to develop independent thinking and learning.
- To establish an environment where children have the freedom and confidence to take risks and make mistakes and which will clearly reflect the Christian values of our foundation.
- To develop personal responsibilities and life skills.
- To enable our children to demonstrate respect for one another and the environment, valuing difference.
- To provide children with a broad educational experience which incorporates the National Curriculum, at the appropriate level for each child, and fully embraces outdoor learning, physical education, the arts, music
Through our core school values we promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. This is further developed through the PSHE and the RE curriculum and reinforced in a wide range of activities including the School Council, Multicultural Weeks, fundraising for charity and much more.