Welcome and News
To access your learning during lockdown, please click on the following link:
Dear Squirrels and Parents,
There should be plenty of resources, activities and ideas on the Squirrels pages to keep you occupied during school closure. Please see below a page of writing and maths ideas. Try keeping a diary or scrapbook of all the exciting things you get up to during this time, ready to share with us once we are back at school. Please do plenty of reading and talk about the things you read. Don't forget to look at all of the pages associated with the Squirrels page.
I have set extra activities on DoodleMaths, DoodleEnglish and DoodleSpell and will continue to update these in the coming weeks.
For Year 2, here is a link to past SATs papers: https://www.satspapers.org.uk/Page.aspx?TId=4#KS1_MATHS Practise the maths and reading papers but please do a few questions a day, rather than completing a whole test in one sitting. Remember SATs means desert island maths, so you will need to draw resources to help you!
There are plenty of interesting and thought provoking educational activities, quizzes and videos available on the following websites. (Please note these websites have been recommended by other educators, but adults may wish to view videos etc. first):
National Geographic Kids: https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/
The Kids Should See This: https://thekidshouldseethis.com
Geography Games: https://world-geography-games.com/world.html
Toy Theater: https://toytheater.com/
DK Find Out: https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/…
Scratch computer coding:
Lastly, Twinkl is an educational resource site that has a huge range of resources. This is more for printouts, and usually at a fee, but they are offering a month of free access to parents in the event of school closures. https://www.twinkl.co.uk
Remember that not all home learning needs to be focussed on writing and maths all of the time. You could enjoy copying the styles of some different artists or cook a meal from scratch! Spend plenty of time outside in the garden exploring Spring or learn a new skill. Perhaps you could write a letter and draw a picture to send to a local nursing home or someone in the community who is staying home and might be feeling a little lonely?
- Writing and Maths Homework Ideas PDF.pdf
- Creative Writing Prompt Question Writing Frames.pdf
- Snakes and Ladders Addition to 20 Board Game Board Game.pdf
- The Mystery at the Grand Portrait Gallery Maths Game.pdf
- Spot Mr Whoops Mistakes Y1 Y2 Common Exception Words.pdf
- Year 1 Common Exception Words Activity Book.pdf
- Year 1 Science Learning from Home (Animals, Including Humans) Activity Booklet.pdf
- Year 1 Science Learning from Home (Everyday Materials) Activity Booklet.pdf
- Year 1 Spring Maths Activity Booklet.pdf
- Year 2 Maths Number Place and Value Workbook.pdf
- Year 2 Science Plants Learning from Home Activity Booklet.pdf
- Year 2 Science Uses of Everyday Materials Learning from Home Activity Booklet.pdf